Thank you for providing our family with quality food we can trust and feel good about eating! We are so happy that we have made the connection to your farm! Sarah Tucker
Real Food Fight Video
Things You Can Do To Help
*Sign the petition please - http://realmanitobafoodfight.ca/pettition/
* Pause to give thanks for the hard working, creative folks (like the Cavers and others in your own area) who are passionate about providing their neighbours with the best food they and their farms can provide.
* If you know your MLA (if in Manitoba) or your MP, then write or call them to express your support for the Cavers and for local food farmers in general - requesting immediate action to resolve the situation.
* Sign up on our website or facebook and we'll send you a list of officials you can contact - along with examples of requests you can articulate.
* Email at least 3 of your friends to tell them about this story and point them to this website and our facebook page
* Consider the two main immediate requests we are promoting.
A. That the food that was seized from the Cavers be returned immediately which represented ~$8,000 of product and over three years of research and development
B. That MAFRI immediately meet first with the Cavers and then with local food farmers to discuss how government programs and regulations can better support local food farmers and processors. If you have other suggestions for improving the relationship between smaller scale food innovators and regulators, please send them to us.
About this site
Help the Cavers pay for legal fees and prove that their product is safe. (Please note that we cannot issue tax receipts)
Sign the Petition